: Health Tip: Keep Your Eyes Healthier
Posted October 27, 2017
(HealthDay News) -- As you grow older, your eyes are more prone to diseases such as cataracts and glaucoma.
The U.S. National Institute on Aging suggests how to keep your eyes healthier:
- Wear sunglasses that block ultraviolet (UV) radiation, and a don a hat with a wide brim when you are outside.
- Stop smoking.
- Eat eye-healthy foods.
- Maintain a healthy weight and get enough exercise.
- Strive for normal blood pressure.
- If you have diabetes, keep it under control.
- Prevent eye strain by looking away from your computer every 20 minutes.
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.